The Shropshire & West Midlands Agricultural Society is a proud supporter of Shropshire RCC and provide various avenues of assistance throughout the year , which will help people in our Rural Community
Shropshire Rural Communities Charity (RCC) has been established for over 55 years for the benefit of people in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin.We are committed to making Shropshire to be a great place for EVERYONE to live, no matter what challenges they face. We have a strong track record for delivering a wide range of quality services and local projects, often working in partnership with other organisations.
We are an independent local charity, and part of a network of 38 similar RCCs operating throughout England. Our funding comes from Defra, Local Authorities, Charitable Trusts, and public donations.
Our 15 staff and 150 volunteers are dynamic and innovative with some of our projects achieving national as well as local recognition.
- Awarded Beacon Partner Status (Preventative Services - now Wise and Well team) - 2007
- Community Transport Social Enterprise of the Year (Wheels 2 Work) - October 2008
- Awarded the Cabinet Office's Big Society Awards (Wheels 2 Work) - March 2013
- NIACE (National Institute for Adult Continuing Education) Digital Practitioner of the Year 2013 (Staff member Lisa Darkin) - December 2013
- National Energy Action Community Action Award Winner (tackling fuel poverty) - Feb 2014
We are governed by a Board of Trustees, elected at the AGM. The Board meets five times a year supported by sub-committees covering Finance; Governance & Risk.
The core values of SRCC enable us to achieve our vision of supporting people and achieving change in Shropshire. Our values are:
To find out more about what Shropshire RCC do then click on the link here ShropshireRCC